Please select all options.
If your idea of a good time is churning out raw, energetic rock ’n’ roll for a roomful of sweat-soaked fans, the Epiphone Coronet was crafted with you in mind. This guitar is patterned after a pre-1963, Kalamazoo-built Coronet, with a symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body, a set mahogany neck, and a red-hot PRO P-90 Dogear pickup. The Coronet’s stripped-down, no-nonsense design and a snarling, full-throttled tone are tailor-made for bashing out power chords, and its vintage-tinged style is a guaranteed showstopper. Epiphone rounded out the Coronet with high-quality CTS pots, a rock-solid Lightning Bar tailpiece, a reduced-size Kalamazoo headstock, and an eye-grabbing Epiphone Bikini badge.
Iconic tone from a PRO P-90 single-coil pickup
The PRO P-90 single-coil pickup in the Coronet is designed with many of the features of the original P-90 pickup created by Seth Lover in the '50s. It’s a sensitive pickup that responds amazingly well to the nuances of your picking. Dig in and it will growl with a vocal-like quality. Played cleanly, the sound is rich and sparkling. If you love the articulation of single-coil pickups, but want a bit more girth to your tone, the PRO P-90 pickup is the perfect choice. The Coronet includes volume and tone controls with high-quality CTS potentiometers to ensure the best sound possible.
Epiphone Coronet Features:
- Spot-on re-creation of a pre-1963 Epiphone Coronet
- Symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body supplies easy fret access
- Set mahogany neck facilitates extra sustain
- Easy-playing medium “C”-shaped neck with a 12-inch-radius, 22-fret Indian laurel fingerboard
- PRO P-90 single-coil pickup yields growling dirty tones and sparkling cleans
- High-quality CTS potentiometers ensure the best sound possible
- Rock-solid Lightning Bar-compensated wraparound tailpiece
- Distinctively shaped pickguard emblazoned with an eye-catching stylized “E” logo
- Reduced-size Kalamazoo headstock with an attention-grabbing Epiphone Bikini badge
- Period-correct top hat knobs and ivory tuning buttons