CDP-S160-BK 88-Key Digital Piano
Please select all options.
Weighing only 23 lb in a slim unibody that's barely larger than the keys themselves, the black Casio CDP-S160 is a compact digital piano that offers an inspiring piano-playing experience with unprecedented portability. It delivers the sound, response, and feel of a traditional grand piano thanks to its 88 simulated ebony-and-ivory textured keys, scaled hammer-action keybed, and a beautiful stereo grand-piano tone. A collection of 10 instruments with adjustable reverb and chorus effects, 64-note polyphony, layer and duet modes, metronome, MIDI interface, and built-in stereo speakers plus headphone output for quiet practice make this piano a great choice for students, hobbyists, or pianists who need a grand-piano sound in a small space.
The CDP-S160's easy controls include a one-button MIDI recorder to capture and playback your performances. To further facilitate operation, the piano settings can be controlled from your iOS/Android phone/tablet via USB using the free Casio Music Space app. The app also enables you to play your favorite MIDI files, play audio files with independent pitch and tempo adjustment, learn with interactive lessons, and more. For portability and convenience, the CDP-S160 can either run on 6 AA batteries or with the included power adapter. The piano comes with a music rest and a standard SP-3 sustain pedal. Optional matching wooden CS-470P stand with three fixed pedals and SP-34 three-pedal unit are available separately.
Realistic Piano Expressivity and Smooth Touch
- The scaled hammer-action keyboard is an action mechanism with hammer weighting equal to a grand piano and housed in a compact body to combine slim size and responsive touch. The keyboard offers three sensitivity levels to deliver the response of a traditional grand piano with a remarkably accurate touch.
- The simulated ebony-and-ivory textured keys feature a fine-grain finish to prevent slippage caused by perspiration. Smooth to the touch, the keys feel comfortable to the fingertips, even during long sessions.
- The 64-note polyphony makes it possible to play complex piano arrangements without cutting off notes.
- In addition to standard equal-temperament tuning, 16 alternate temperaments (scale tunings) are available.
A Rich Palette of Natural Sounds
- A realistic stereo grand-piano sound is complemented by 9 additional sounds including electric pianos, organs, and strings, with adjustable reverb and chorus effects.
- With layer mode, not only can you play just one single sound, but you can layer a second sound over the first sound.
Lesson-Ready with Duet Mode
- The convenient duet mode allows the piano’s keyboard to be split in the center, making it possible for a teacher to play on the left side while the student follows along on the right. Alternatively, one person can play the left-hand part on the left, while another plays the right-hand part on the right.
- To help you practice and perform with precision timing, the built-in metronome offers patterns with 0 to 9 beats at a tempo ranging from 20 to 255 BPM.
Listen with Onboard Speaker System or Headphones
- The built-in stereo speaker system delivers a clear sound for playing at home or even in small venues, while the headphone jack allows you to practice quietly at any time using your favorite headphones.
- The 3.5mm stereo audio input lets you connect your music player and play along with your favorite songs.
Record Your Musical Ideas and Performances
- The onboard 1-track MIDI recorder enables performances to be recorded to the piano’s internal memory and played back—helpful during lessons or just for fun.
USB MIDI Interface for Connecting to Your Computer/Portable Device
- The built-in MIDI interface features a class-compliant USB port that can connect to any Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android portable device with no drivers or installation needed. Use your piano as a MIDI controller for music production with your favorite DAW.
Expand Your Enjoyment with the Casio Music Space App
- Casio Music Space is a free app exclusively for Casio digital piano and keyboard users. When running on iOS or Android devices connected to your Casio piano via USB, the app acts as digital musical score, a music teacher, a live-performance simulator, and as an all-around app to enjoy learning and playing music. It’s for complete beginners, people taking up an instrument again, and anyone who wants to experience a new way of playing. Expand your enjoyment of music by watching, listening, and playing through the app.
- The piano can also be seamlessly controlled from the free Chordana Play for Piano app for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets. Quickly and easily change settings such as tone, touch response, and metronome.
Enhance Your Playing Experience with Pedals and Matching Stand
- The CDP-S160 comes equipped with a standard sustain pedal and can be used with the optional standalone SP-34 three-pedal unit.
- Greater authenticity is achieved with the optional CS-470P stand, which places the instrument at perfect playing height and features a crossbar with three pedals fixed in place as they would appear on a traditional acoustic grand. This functionality appeals to classical and jazz players who seek the immediate familiarity of the pedals being right where they expect them.